The global forensic imaging market expected to reach US$ 139.5 million by 2028 according to the study. This report gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The global forensic imaging market is driven by few notable factors such as innovations in medical imaging, rising criminal activities coupled with compulsory autopsy procedures, and the rising inclination towards finding the death cause. Moreover, changing beliefs in different religions towards autopsy and the emergence of virtual forensic imaging procedures.
The global forensic imaging market is fragmented based on modality, application, end-use, and region. In terms of modality, the global market is bifurcated as X-ray, MRI, CT, and ultrasound. Based on application, the market is classified as death investigations and clinical studies. The end-use segment is further divided into forensic institutes, hospitals, and others.
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- Neusoft Corporation
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Toshiba Medical Systems, Inc.
- The X-ray segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to its high efficacy and high usage in accidents. The segment holds over 50% of the global share. However, the CT segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the death investigations segment is projected to constitute over 70% of the revenue share in 2028. This can be attributed to a rapid rise in un-reported deaths, requiring the need of death cause for insurance claims or court trials.
- Europe region dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2020 holding over 35%. The region’s growth is driven by the rapid adoption of automated imaging services, lack of skilled professionals, and the presence of private forensic centres.